Welcome to Social – fun, informative, demonstration in-home cooking classes! Classes will be held at the residence of Adriene Rathbun at 158 N. Roosevelt.
To make a reservation, either email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call to reserve your spot: 316.990.4493. You will be penciled in, and your spot will be reserved once payment is received. Your payment is your reservation. Please RSVP no later than 2 days preceding the class.
Note that you may BYOW (bring your own wine). Feel free to bring some for you and your friends, or share and taste wines other people bring. We’ll provide the wine glasses. Cheers!
Cash, check or credit card (via PayPal with a $2 additional fee) accepted. Class cost is $50 per class unless otherwise noted (includes demonstration, a meal and handout of recipes). Class size will be a maximum of 10 people. Cancellations with full refunds will be accepted only within 24 hours of class. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you in class!
Thursday May 21st, 6:15 p.m.
Smoothie Love – Taught by Heather McDonough – $25
We will talk about: smoothie making basics, smoothies as meal replacements, favorite protein powders and nutritional boosts for smoothies. All plant-based and gluten free!
– Green With Envy – a light, refreshing green smoothie with cucumber, lime and mint. Low in calories and a perfect healthy indulgence.
– Almond Joy – rich, chocolately, decadent and nutritious.
– Tropical Green – perfect combo of tropical fruits and greens.
– Acai Bowl – antioxidant-rich frozen acai blended with organic mixed berries, topped with granola, fresh banana slices and toasted coconut flakes.
Tuesday, June 2nd, 6:15 p.m.
Party on the Patio 2015
Patio weather is here! Come learn a fun, simple, yet delicious meal so you can host your friends & actually enjoy your own party.
– Watermelon Tequila Cocktail
– Kefta Skewers with Tzaki Sauce
– Radish Tangerine Salad
– Moroccan Carrot Slaw
– Watermelon Cucumber Avocado & Ricotta Salad
Saturday, June 13th, 10 a.m.
Bar-B-Qs on the patio call for a lovely show stopping dessert. Come make a pie or two to take home! Pie class is $45 for one pie, $65 for two pies.
– Key Lime
– Peanut Butter Fudge
– Fresh Strawberry
Tuesday, June 16th, 6:15 p.m.
Flavors of the Mediterranean
Fresh foods from the Mediterranean and bold flavors will make your mouth water.
– Grilled Lamb Chops with Tahini Sauce
– Zucchini “Baba Gannoush” & Pita
– Salata (Lebanese Salad)
– Lentil Mushroom Preserved Lemon Ragout
Tuesday, June 23rd, 6:15 p.m.
Fresh from the Seaside
A lovely meal that is elegant enough for company but simple enough for a week night.
– Halibut with Salsa and Vinegarette
– Spring Salad
– Cauliflower Soup with Basil Oil
– Peanut Butter Cup Bars (Gluten-free & Vegan)
Thank you for visiting Social! Looking forward to seeing you in the kitchen for class.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVENING CLASSES BEGIN AT 6:15.